We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1. Information about our company
Ohio Wind is not a lender but a lender referral service. We do not make any credit decisions. We work by connecting potential borrowers to reputable US lenders.
2. Data we collect about you
We can collect, use, store and transfer various types of your personal data:
- Identity information, including your name or similar information, date of birth, age, gender, citizenship, etc.
- Contact information, including email address, home address, phone numbers.
- Financial data, including bank account number and credit score.
- Technical data, including Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, location and time zone set, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, as well as information about other technologies in the devices you use to access to this website.
- Usage data, including information about how you use the website, products and services.
- Marketing and communication data, including information about your preferences for receiving advertising from us and our partners and for interacting with us.
3. How is your personal data collected?
We use a variety of methods to collect your data, including the following:
- Direct interaction. You provide us with your personal information by filling out forms or contacting us by mail, phone, email or otherwise. You provide us with your information when you: (i) fill out an application form; (ii) subscribe to our publications; (iii) request marketing communications to be sent to you; (iv) participate in a promotion or survey; or (v) reply to us or contact us in some other way.
- Automated technologies or interactions. When you interact with our website, we automatically collect technical data about your equipment, activities and trends. We collect this personal information using cookies and other similar technologies. We may also receive your technical data if you visit other websites that use our cookies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We will collect your personal information from various third-party companies that provide online loans. We also receive technical and analytical data from providers such as Google.
4. How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data only in cases permitted by law. As a rule, we will use your personal data in the following cases:
- If we need to fulfill a contract that we are about to conclude or have already concluded with you.
- If it is necessary for the realization of our legitimate interests (or the legitimate interests of a third party), while your interests and fundamental rights do not take precedence over these interests.
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
As a rule, we do not use your consent as a legal basis for the processing of your personal data. You have the right to contact us at any time and withdraw your consent.
Purposes of using your personal data
Below, we tell you for what purposes and on what basis we plan to use your personal data:
- Processing your loan application;
- Providing you with an opportunity to participate in a promotion or a survey;
- Managing and protecting our business and website (including problem solving, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and data hosting);
- Displaying content and advertisements relevant to you on the website, as well as evaluating (analyzing) the effectiveness of advertisements shown to you;
- Sending you suggestions and recommendations regarding our products and services that may interest you
Please note that in one case or another, depending on the specific purpose, we may process your personal data using more than one legal basis. You can contact us and find out which legal grounds we use to process your personal data.
We only share your personal data with third parties for marketing purposes upon receipt of your express consent.
5. Refusal to receive messages
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing communications at any time. To do this, you either need to log into your account on the website and adjust your preferences regarding the receipt of marketing messages accordingly (check or uncheck the appropriate places); or follow the link to refuse to receive messages (contained in the message itself); or contact us at any time.
Your opt-out from receiving such marketing communications does not apply to personal data obtained by us as a result of your use of a product / service and other transactions.
We may collect information about your computer, including information about the IP address, operating system and browser of your computer, in order to manage the system and provide aggregate information to our advertisers. These are statistical data about the peculiarities of the visit of our website by users and the typical paths of movement on it. For the same reasons, we may receive other general information about how you use the Internet using a cookie that may be stored on your computer’s hard drive. They help us improve our site and offer a high quality, personalized visitor experience.
Use of information
- Assess the size of our audience and the specifics of visiting our site.
- Store information about your preferences, which helps us to tailor the site to your individual needs.
- Provide the most effective display of the content of our site on your computer.
- Provide you with information, products or services.
- Implement obligations under agreements between you and our company.
- Provide you with access to interactive elements of our site if you take the appropriate initiative.
- Notify you about changes to our products and services.
- Enable our partners to provide personalized advertising by tracking you over the Internet.
- Share our content with friends and contacts on social networks.
In addition, we may use your data (or allow third parties to use your data) to provide you with information about goods and services that may interest you. If you have already purchased the products of our company, then communication with you will be maintained only through electronic means of communication (e-mail). We will inform you about goods and services that are similar to the goods and services you purchased earlier.
Disabling cookies on the banner and in the settings
You can decide, if required by law, whether to give us or third parties permission to install cookies, which are not required for the site to function, on the cookie banner and in the settings provided on the site.
7. Disclosure of your personal data
We may transfer your personal data to the parties listed below for the purposes described in the above table:
- Other companies that provide online loans.
- IT and system administration service providers acting as processors.
- Business partners and service providers who help us process your loan request.
- Market research agencies and anti-fraud authorities.
We require all third parties to ensure the security of your personal data and process it in accordance with the law. We do not allow third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes. We only allow them to process your personal data for specified purposes in accordance with our instructions.
8. Data security
We have taken the necessary security measures to protect your personal data from accidental loss, unauthorized use or gaining access to, alteration or disclosure. In addition, we provide access to your personal data only to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who need such data for business purposes. They have committed themselves to ensuring the confidentiality of your personal data and will process them solely on the basis of our instructions.
Our company applies special procedures in the event of an alleged violation of the rules for the processing of personal data. We will notify you and the competent supervisory authority of the violation if required by law to do so.
9. Links to third party websites
It is very important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date.